Monday, June 4, 2007

Working Hard


We try our best in our callings but no matter how hard you try, you always feel like you could do a much better job. There are so many things to improve on, but everyone has to work as a team. I have learned how long it takes to get something changed...forever! I've been in my current calling for a year and a half and I still feel like I am just learning how to do somethings. It does feel good to get a pat on the back every now and again. I appreciate teachers who "go with the flow" and adapt to schedule mess ups. I also appreciate good parents who are attentive to what goes on, but also who love and teach their children at home. I realized how smart our kids are yesterday when I asked a few to come up and do an article of faith. Almost all volunteered and recited by themselves. It was great, they are learning!

6 Comments:

Kris said...

You are so great at your calling. I love how you help each of the kids feel welcome and loved. My kids just adore you. I'm impressed that the kids knew the articles of faith! I don't think Tyler was one of those kids. That's something we need to teach at FHE! Good idea. Thanks! Love the picture!

Marilyn said...

Nan, I wish I could see you in action in your calling. Primary is such a fun place to be, but not without it's headaches. This is the most rewarding calling I've ever had, not the easiest, but the most rewarding.

hatch said...

You really do a wonderful with your calling in Primary. The best part about it is that the kids know how much you love them, and that is great. I know how hard that calling can be and you are awesome. Great job on handling the heat situation yesterday.

Sarah said...

Nan-
You never get rattled and you always stay so calm no matter what. That is something I'm personally not very good at, so it serves you well to be in Primary. I'm sorry about some of the crabby people that have to give you a hard time about things. Obviously they must be perfect at everything they do. HA! I think you guys are a great presidency and you put up with a lot. Hang in there, the kids really do love you guys. Kendle cries when she has to miss primary if she's sick or we're gone.

The Garden Maiden said...

Nan, Don't let the thorns keep you from enjoying the flowers! (You picked an appropriate picture for my analogy). All I can say about those prickly people is: JUST BE GLAD YOU AREN'T THEM! They are probably just miserable all the time. I have seen you in action and you are the BEST at your calling. You have your priorities straight and you ALWAYS go the extra mile. I will gladly give you a DESERVED pat on the back. (Sorry I shouted)

Alicia Leppert said...

Ugh, I feel your pain. I am soooo frustrated in my primary calling right now, only it's the presidency that's giving me the headaches!!