Wednesday, June 13, 2007

blockin' up the scenery, breaking my mind...










After surfing my regular blogs, I couldn't help but think, what am I passionate about? Everyone seems to have their favorite things. My husband for instance, has SEVERAL things he is passionate about, classic cars, classic music, and classic games (like golf). So I set out to find some of my "passionistas", if you will (and you will).

The first one is signs. I love old vintage signs. I want my family room to look like Applebees with signs everywhere. Lots to look at, never a dull moment at my house with something for each sense. Here are a few of my favorites: (look up above)
(okay, im still learning how to work this darn site. The picts i posted ended up above and not below my words. How the heck does that work? anyway lots to learn. )
Anyway, stay tuned and i'll reveal more passions next time.....

9 Comments:

dandee said...

Love the old signs Nan! Especially the one that has the old crazy bike. What are those called anyways? Anywhoo...that's my fav, thanks for sharing one of your passions! Can't wait to hear about the others.

Kris said...

It always is fun for me to see what other people love. Where did you take pictures of all of those signs?? Your family picture is perfect. We love you guys and think you are wonderful people!

libbie said...

love the signs! Can't believe you saw Good Ole Rick Rick Rick Rick Rick Rick Rick . . . . .

libbie said...

Oh . . . PS. . .. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favorite links list on my blog . . . Okay, thanks!

Heather said...

That is the first thing I noticed in your house!! I love signs too- my SIL says there is an awesome store in Cour d' Alene that is chuck full of them. Maybe we should venture out...

Tallia said...

The first thing I noticed in your new family room were the signs...I love them! I have collected a few of my own so far and can understand the passion!

hatch said...

I love old signs too! They just take us back to a different time. Your family room is looking really good by the way!

Marilyn said...

Old signs fit perfectly into your decor. I love that. I can't wait to see what else you love...

Oh and the pictures automatically go to the top of your post, but you can click and drag them down where you want them. Have you tried that?

Alicia Leppert said...

Uh, Marilyn, I've tried that and it's never worked for me!! Nan, I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage signs. Something about those and old abandoned buildings intrigue me. They make me wonder about when they were shiny and new and all the time that's passed since then. Okay, how cheesy was that? Anyway, I just got caught up on your blog and wanted to say you totally need to teach a class on yard-sale-ing! Those tips were amazing and the furniture thing was the most hilarious/ingenious thing I've heard in a long time. I can't wait to go to yard sales now with my new knowledge!