Monday, March 23, 2009

WICKED AWESOME!


Friday afternoon I got the call from Sarah that her sister wouldn't be using her ticket to a long time planned Tovey women outing. She asked if i would like it and I said uh...sure! So I arranged for my kids and left for Portland on Saturday morning.
I was a Wicked Virgin - having never read the book, heard the music, or seen the show before. We met up with some Tovey family and sat in our designated seats. The show started with a bang. It was one of the best musicals I have ever seen. And growing up in a family of 5 girls- We know our musicals (how did we even miss this one?)! The story was clever, funny, entertaining and the score was awesome. I was so lucky to get to go, and the Tovey's treated me like family (I am anyway right?). Thanks so much to them.

And to those of you who are virgins too- get out there and experience it. LOVED IT.

8 Comments:

Kris said...

How awesome that you were able to go with Sarah. Sounds like it's something worth seeing. Someday, I'd like to go too.

::lindsay said...

It was amazing wasn't it! It was so nice to see you!

PRP said...

I'm so glad we saw you! Wasn't it amazing? Glad you had so much fun and could get out one more time before you're house-bound again!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you could come and we got to visit the whole way and back. Sorry for dad's crazy driving!

natallie said...

you look so cute in sarah's picture!(so does she!) i'm proud of ya girl. glad my workaholic friend could get some chill time.

natallie said...

ps. what up kristen...i thought you were givin birth since you weren't at church yesterday! :) keep those feet of yours on ice til wed! :)

Katie said...

How fun! You're lucky to have such good girlfriends.

I wonder how our family never tapped into that musical, too.

I think it's coming to AZ soon...I'll check into it.

Jen said...

I think it's a new musical. Otherwise, I'd have seen it already. Heard it was real good. Am watching for tickets at the NYC Broadway (they usually have any of the plays interpreted there) to see it. Or I'll just wait for it to come out on movie.