Thursday, March 12, 2009

What I believe

Those of you who frequent CJane's Blog, you might have seen this already, so this is mainly for my family. This is a young Harvard student who expressed her religious beliefs so clearly. I have always wished that I could speak this way, but alas, I don't. I wanted to post this so those who have questions of what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is could hear this young woman's information and know what I'm all about.
(Sorry Jen, I couldn't find a link with captioning.
You probably surf better than me and can find one?)



Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

4 Comments:

Sarah said...

I've watched this before, it was very good. Pretty cool for a potato farmer's daughter from Blackfoot, Id. The one thing that bugged me about this panel (on youtube you can watch the other people share their beliefs as well) was that the dumb lady hosting the panel still wouldn't acknowledge that this girl and the rest of the members of the church are Christians. Gah!

libbie said...

Wow. That girl deserves like 5% off her tithing or something! She is good. I would have peed my pants.

Jen said...

Nope, Nan, couldn't find a captioned version of it. I'll listen to it on Celestial Tube later. :)

Katie said...

Dang, I'm with Libbie.

Count. me. out.

Its interesting how you can tell her attraction to openmindedness and the religious differentials surrounding her, being in Harvard and studying religion.

Good post, nan. I'll steal some of her lines and make a mental note.