Thursday, January 1, 2009

Want a little taste of deaf culture...

So many of you know that I grew up in a family with 2 deaf siblings. Growing up in a family that had this situation has some interesting things. Like we have our own "deaf inside jokes". Someday I'll have to go into some of those...
But for now, jump over to my older sisters blog and read a little of what her life is like when you're picking out names for new babies. I thought this was hard for couples who were hearing, let alone someone who spent years in speech therapy to later have a brother in law named Mitch and not "b--ch".

2 Comments:

Jen said...

that is SO RIGHT ON!

The Yancey Family said...

I read your sisters blog, I never thought how hard it would be to name kids! But the way that she wrote it makes sense. She sounds amazing!