Monday, January 19, 2009

Shhhhh....

Growing up my mom was a morning person, we would all get up and get our chores done and then get ready for school. Even in the summer we didn't sleep past 8am EVER. I remember sleeping overnight at my friends house and laying in my sleeping bag WAITING, and WAITING for my buddy to wake up so we could go downstairs and eat breakfast (I am also a breakfast person-gotta have it). Even on days I set my alarm to wake up at a certain time, I'll wake up every hour and check the clock making sure I didn't sleep through the alarm (like that would ever happen). So I guess I'm trained to be a morning person. I like to get my errands done in the morning and relax in the afternoon. I just feel so much better that way.

This last week I had a busy week, something planned everyday that I needed to do and of course planned it for the AM. Today I had nothing and thought how nice it would be to sleep in this morning...nope. No luck. My body just does not do it, no matter how tired I am or how late I went to bed last night. So those of you who CAN sleep in, do it for me. Get a few extra ZZZZ's and tell me how it feels. I'm dying to know.

13 Comments:

dandee said...

Totally know how you feel Nan. I can't sleep in either and it drives me nuts!

Sarah said...

I'm exactly the same way. I don't understand how people can sleep in till noon. I too remember staying over at friends houses and just waiting for them to finally wake up!

linda said...

Mornings? No way! I am NOT a morning person. I try to train my kids to sleep in as late as possible. (Kylie JUST walked downstairs and it is 9:13!) It doesn't work very well when there is school or something though...So I usually wish I was more of a morning person.

Jen said...

Mom sure did train us well. David's pet peeve about me is that I would get up early Saturday morning and do my chores and stand over his side of the bed and watch him sleep, maybe with a little poke here and there, to "help" him wake up so he can do his chores so I can finish my chores. He hates it.

Kris said...

I can't sleep in, but give me a few hours in the afternoon and I'll take a nap no matter what!

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow. I'm trying to understand the words that you are saying but the concept is lost to me. Seriously, this is alien. I am not, never have been, never will be, a morning person. I often wonder if I didn't have anything to wake me up, like a family or obligations, if I ever would. I think it is possible I would just sleep my life away. Sad, I know. I wish I had your problem. Cherish it.

hatch said...

I am soo jealous of people like you! I only wish I could just wake up before my alarm went off. That never happens to me.

Rachael said...

While I wish I was more of a morning person, I have to say that I think it is completely tragic that you lack the ability to sleep in. There is nothing like it...

Marilyn said...

I am so NOT a morning person, but I totally admire people who are. I admire YOU for sure.

libbie said...

I love sleeping in. its my favorite. but i do stay up way too late most nights, so it is sleep well needed. i do like those days when i get up early though. i accomplish so much more.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Late to bed, early to rise for me. I'm with Kristin, I would rather save my sleep for the couch in the afternoon.

The Yancey Family said...

I am naturally a night person. I think it's inhumane to make someone wake up before 8am, but I am finding as I get older that my sense of responsibility overrides my need to sleep in. I used to be able to sleep in till the afternoon, especially when I was working nights. Now I am up at 8 or 8:30 with the kids, but I never get up before they do! I do love getting things done in the morning and relaxing at night too!

Jodi said...

I am SO NOT a morning person. I'm so happy that my kids are older and just get up and take care of themselves on the weekends. I LOVE to sleep in. And if I can't sleep in, I love morning naps.