Thursday, May 8, 2008

Windy Washing

Its good to be back. Last weekend was a doozy. I helped @ the Richland Prom take pictures for Reallife Photography, and then the next couple nights stayed out till 2am processing those Pict's. All so the little devils would have their poses back sooner to trade with their friends. I saw some interesting things and remembered what it was like to obsess about a dress, date, and dance. That's a whole different post.

So I've been recovering from that and trying to figure out what I would get the special moms in my life for mothers day. I got the itch to move my family room furniture around, but then couldn't do that without cleaning my windows first. They were filthy! So I recorded the experience and will share it with you.


All you need is one dirty house and windows. Can you see the line down the middle? The half on the left has already been sprayed.



Supplies: dry rag, wet rag, Windex, Ladder, FABULOUS little blade thingy (dollar store -right Kim?) and one of these...

KARTCHNER water pressure kit $60 bucks @ Big Lots. Mitch got it for me for my birthday last year. I absolutely love this machine. It sprays the heck out of stuff, has the power just a little less than a car wash nozzle. I spray everything with this including the side of my house and the windows. One of my favorite things is to spray the window screens with it. It cleans them so good you hardly notice them there!


Stop laughing at my picture. I was working dang it!

Anywho, So washing windows is pretty...dare I say it?...Fun. There I said it. Yup I enjoyed it. So happy mothers day MOM, TAMI, and MARILYN. You have won the services of me and my yellow bee machine (Heck- I think I would wash for anyone if you had some brownies, or cinnamon rolls waiting for me after I was done). I think you are the best Moms in the world. You give of yourselves every minute and never complain. I love you. I'll be down this Sat and next week to grace you with my presence.

And to those who have to wash your own windows, I wish you the best of luck. You will love it. I know I do.

15 Comments:

dandee said...

That is a VERY thoughtful gift! You know, I live right next to Tami...

Marilyn said...

Nancie Jane, you are so awesome! You have no idea how happy this makes me today! Thank you thank you thank you! You are the best!

Sarah said...

My windows need washing in a major way, yours look fantastic and sparkly! I wouldn't put you to work, but maybe I could just borrow that little yellow machine. Great Mother's Day gift Nan. I'm still thinking of ideas. April through May is just craziness in our family, too many birthdays and holidays all smushed together.

Jan said...

You sparkle Nancie. I just think you are the finest in women. And you look terrific.

Katie said...

Nan you make me laugh. GREAT gift idea. Wish I was as thoughtful as you. BTW- Nice pic. :)

Heather said...

I liked the pic where you are waving, very Nan.

Maybe I'll borrow my neighbors pressure washer. I have NEVER washed the outside windows....

natallie said...

now you know why my bro in law is in the window cleaning business. his motto is, "nothing brightens your day like sparkling clean windows" people have no idea how important it is to clean, check your seals(sp?) and get the hard water(white, cloudiness) off your windows. in both our new houses we had seals that were bad and the whole window was replaced.(for free) try a squeegee sometime...brian enjoys hopping up to do our 2nd story windows. the man can't sit still! looks like you have a cute top on for window washing!

Alicia Leppert said...

I would so hire you. I NEVER wash windows. I just washed all the smudge prints off our sliding glass door for the first time ever in the four years we've lived here...and I only did the smudges, which means I cleaned only the lower half of the door. If I enjoyed it as much as you, I might do them more!

Brian Adair Fam said...

I need to get me one of those!!! I'm glad your window washing adventure was so much fun!! The pictures are great, especially the last one!! :0) You are truly one of the most joyful, authentic, and thoughtful women I know!!! Love you, Nan!!!!!

Tara said...

I've baked some fresh cinnamon rolls and my windows are ready for ya....:)

Kris said...

You could start your own business and put Nat's BIL out of business. I think your post inspired me enough to buy a pressure washer and wash my own windows. I'm sure Jack would love it too! You'll have to stop by and see if I really did it! :) Have a Happy Mother's Day Nan!

hatch said...

Nan I love to hear cleaning tips from the queen of clean!

libbie said...

Mostly I just want you to spray me down with that machine . . . . it could be interesting! I have your dough . . . .just burning a hole in my wallet! Thanks for pulling thru for the Realife team. I owe you my life. Maybe sometime I will work for you at the hound . . . . probly not!

Closed for Business said...

window washing and a vintage ladder. How do I rate?

That is a very impresive before and after picture. I love sparkly windows!

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Nanny Panny, my phone broke and I lost your cell # and for some reason I can't email you so would you email me your cell #. Thanks girl, miss you and love the new pictures!