Thursday, March 13, 2008

RICKS ROCKS


This is one of my favorite places in all the world. BYU/IDAHO (or I remember it as RICKS COLLEGE)

I became a member of the alumni ambassadors, a couple of years ago, and I still stay in touch. We are here to help families in our stake get or stay connected to BYUI. So any of you who have kids, sisters, brothers, or husbands who are looking to go- I can answer any questions you have (or try to).


I know some of you who know me in "real-life" probably tire of listening to my stories, but I had some of the best memories and friends made there. I loved it. Those of you who read this and love RICKS/BYUI too, I urge you to become a member, there are ambassadors needed in many stakes still- check this list to see if you have any near you.
http://www.byui.edu/alumni/ambassadors.htm

(plus- they hook you up with a really neat bag full of all kinds of good stuff- chap stick, license plate frames, pencils, mail openers and sometimes they come and take us to dinner! SCORE.)



MY FELLOW VIKINGS STAND AND BE PROUD!

15 Comments:

Marilyn said...

Ricks does Rock! I spent 5 weeks there and although I was pining for my fiance, I have very fond memories of that place and the friendships I made there.

Sarah said...

Although I never went to Ricks, I'll take your word for it that is a cool place to be. Pretty much everyone I know who went there got married really quickly (my grandpa liked to call it a good return on his investment, ha!) or had an awesome time with all of the fun activities. Way to represent your school with pride!

Kris said...

Go Ricks and go BYU-I. I love that place, despite the freezing weather. I should join this alumni. I am a Ricks Graduate! Hooray. Great Post Nan!

natallie said...

nan, you're always fightin for a cause. i went to e.f.y. 2 summers at ricks...

natallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natallie said...

ps. did they have to cart you out in an ambulance last night at mutual? i thought i was going to see your face on the front page of the herald this morning..."pasco woman, passes out moments before teaching a class on proper button sewing..."

Jan said...

I went to Rick's so it puts me in the need for the thrill of membership and alumniship. So onward with you Nan. Wow I feel like I want to march downtown with a sign right now and declare my Viking Ricks Love. Thanks for the hook up dude.

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm one of the few who never went there. In fact I've only ever been there once to visit. I can totally picture you there, you would have been the girl everyone wanted to hang out with. What fun you must have had!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, and we would NEVER tire of Nan's stories.

hatch said...

Nan mabye if I was at Ricks with you I would have liked it better! I think it is a great college, but there were so many things I did not love about that place. It is however the only college that I graduated from so I should "stand and be proud."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
krista said...

Ricks Rocks!!! Do you remember our shirts that we wore to the football game when they still had real sports:)? That was such a fun couple of years, especially knowing you! Seriously, especially in the dorms I was constantly upstairs in the BRP:) Way to represent!!

Tara said...

I too love Ricks!!!

I wanted to let you know I am having a modbe boutique Tues 18th from 6:30 - 8:30. If you want something, come by. You can also invite any of your friends. I have the website on my blog if you interested.

Benjamin said...

I can't believe they take you out to dinner! You are so spoiled rotten, it's just not fair! Not so many alums here in CT Mostly Ben and I and Darrin, lest we forget Shayla's tall dark and curly short-lived lover. Call me, sucker!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks