Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FINALLY

So, I've been feeling guilty about something lately. I told my readers (like i have any), that i was working on a tagged list. Uh yeah, i kinda lied. I wasn't. So even tho it is sooooo nice outside I'm finally writing it up.

Enjoy it, it'll be the last one for a while.



Where were you born? ...You guessed it, HERMISTON/ OR

Middle Name? Jane (pretty dog gone hick, huh?)

Nickname? Nan, Nanny pan, Nanners, Frandowdie, Friar Tuck (last two thanks to my dad-he's so creative)

How old are you? 28

Do you cry often during movies? No... ahem...

What are your biggest pet peeves? How come I can think of all my pet peeves when I'm by myself, but not when someone asks me that question? Being late, "Top that" people, Thieves.

Favorite color? Red

Favorite food? Pizza- every day of the week.

Favorite beverage? Uh...Cherry coke. We are currently going thru a divorce.

Favorite cereal? I like real food: french toast

What brand shoes do you buy? Converted to Adidas from Nike's, and anything on sale.

How many pillows do you sleep with? One

Do you play an instrument? Clarinet (5th grade), Piano (about that same time- for several years) but nothing stuck. I still kick myself!

ever been skinny dipping? ...I plead the fifth, My mom reads my blog!

Did you play sports in High School? Volleyball, Swimming, Track.

What was the last movie you saw in the theatre? I can't remember

What is your favorite article of clothing? Jeans.

What is your dream vacation? Visit Europe on horseback -is that even possible?

What was your first impression of your spouse? Man, he gave a great talk, he only used notes not reading straight from the paper (another pet peeve)

If I was an animal what would you be? DUH (horse)

Favorite "Me Time" Activity? While the boys are napping, lay on the couch and read a good novel

One of my weaknesses? Sticking my foot in my mouth (and I'm a pro-I'll post about one of my most memorable ones later)

What do I fix for dinner when there is nothing to fix? frozen pizza

What decade/era would you want to be in? 1800's when everyone rode horses everywhere in town

What emotion do you feel the most? Contentment

Do you consider yourself out-going? Yes sometimes too much- "Nan-get a grip, there CAN be a lull in the conversation"

What are you constantly working on? My tan?

Any hidden talents? nope pretty much-what you see is what you get

What is a word or phrase that you overuse? So...(usually to follow a lull in the conversation)

What is the best thing that happened this year? Jack started walking

What was the hardest thing that happened this year? Thieves

What do you want to accomplish this year? Sell the warehousing/transport business finish getting out of debt.

Ten years ago you were: Graduating High School getting ready for RICKS. I seriously had my room cleaned out in May, and didn't go until August. Yeah, i was pretty excited.

One thing people don't know about you: I was in the Hill Cumorah Pageant- theater is one of my hidden talents.

Snacks I enjoy: Carmel Popcorn, Cherry coke, Carmel on anything, and a Cherry coke.

Three bad habits: picking the eczema from my feet

If I suddenly became a billionaire: I would pay off our debt, Buy some land and start another business, Buy some horses to go on that land too.

Places I've lived: Hermiston/OR, Wasilla/Ak, Cheney/WA, Gooding/ID, Rexburg/ID, Palmyra/NY, Gaithersburg/MD, Spokane/WA, Pasco/WA.

Jobs I've had: babysitter (I'm the 2nd oldest of six kids), Dog pooper cleaner-upper (my family owns a Humane Society-we were up at 5:30 cleaning before school everyday) Pizza slinger @Papa Murphy's, Vet tech@ 4 different Vet offices, Interpreter for the deaf (another one of those "for life" jobs) and Greyhound Ticket agent.

17 Comments:

PRP said...

It was worth the wait...thanks for getting off your sorry bum and posting it for us!

tharker said...

You make me laugh. Hard.

Speaking of putting feet in mouths, I'm afraid I did it to you the other night at the Stake Enrichment. I would call you, and apologize, but you did say that you hate talking on the phone. Maybe I'll do it anyway ;)

natallie said...

nan, i'm happy to know that i already knew alot of the stuff on your list. i guess that means i've really gotten to know you, for better or worse!! i love how you say so....and follow it up with a random question for me. so...what time do you check your mail every day? 4 different vet offices huh... was someone caught taking home de-worming medicine? i thought of one of your foot in mouth moments. the thing is most of us try to act like we didn't just say what we just said or quickly change the subject... but not our dear nan. you're like wow, why did i just say that? Love ya nan...don't ever change(i know you won't:)

Alicia Leppert said...

Seriously, I could read these questionares about you all day long. You are so real, so funny, and so interesting.
I laughed when I immediately thought of the bloggers luncheon. "So....did anyone watch the Miss American pageant?" (or something to that effect. And then you confessed you totally had questions prepared to fill the lulls in the conversations. I LOVE YOU!!)

Nancie said...

tharker- what? You have nothing to apologize for. Another thing I've been "blessed" with- a bad memory.

Nat- you know me well.

Movie Queen- I seriously freak out, so I had a few prepared...

Sarah said...

Your dad's "Friar Tuck" nickname for you is cracking me up to no end. Did you used to have a bowl cut or something? And "Top That" people drive me insane too. This was a good list about yourself, way to keep it real Frandowdie!

Kris said...

Nan, this post is EXACTLY why all of your readers LOVE you! You are a true to everyone and honest to yourself too! I really enjoyed this post! We need to plan a girls night again. It's been awhile.......!

The Yancey Family said...

I can't believe Jack is walking, where have I been?! He doesn't even know Aunt Bekie! We need some serious catch-up time, him and me!
I love that you put that picture up of that other Nancie with the stunning face(yours is better), you always entertain me!

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Nanny Pan I didn't see anything about your button phobea! That will always make me laugh. Love you girl!

Jan said...

Your so cute and funny Nancy. Can I come and live on your ranch with you. Sounds like heaven to me.

Marilyn said...

"Do you consider yourself out-going? Yes sometimes too much- "Nan-get a grip, there CAN be a lull in the conversation"

You are so stinkin hilarious, and I love you so much!

dandee said...

I love you Nan. You are always guaranteed a laugh from me.

I'm not sure about visiting Europe on horseback. Do horse swim?

Jocelyn said...

That right there is a good post... to me


About the skinny dipping?!???... Great post.

The Garden Maiden said...

Gen-you-ine! Your the real deal Nan. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Your energy is contagious!

And you seriously make some cute babies!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Oh, how I miss you, Nan!! It was so fun reading your "tag". You have always been such a great example to me and I'm so glad that we became friends in Middle School and have remained friends through all these years!! Love you!

libbie said...

I am especially laughing about picking the excema off your feet. Why do you make me smile so much . . . Oh . . because you are freakin AWESOME!

Benjamin said...

Oh how I miss you picking your feet! Good times...