Friday, March 21, 2008

After the fact.



As I promised I'm posting picts of our RS dinner last night. I had a pretty table, if I do say so myself- but I used 75% of Tami's stuff. There were lots of great ideas, and this girl produced a stunning table (of course!). We learned a lot about Visiting Teaching and rekindled the fire. My blueberry Cheesecake was pretty good, and I'll be working on the dishes today.


Several weeks ago, My mom, the kids and I went to the feed store and purchased us some chicks to raise for laying. We couldn't help it and took 4 of them home with us (mom and the farm has the other dozen and a half). DJ (Cams), Cheetah one (mine), Chick hicks(Mitch's), and yellow one (Jack's) are growing fast and they have made the rounds to 2 preschools, and frequent visitors. Here are some Pict's.



Also, tonight is my BYUI alumni ambassador dinner at PF CHANGS. And one of my good friends from girls camp in Idaho will be there. Can't wait! I'll post that on Monday.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

11 Comments:

Kris said...

Dinner at PFChangs, sounds yummy! I still haven't been there. Little Jack is getting so big. How fun to have some baby chicks around your house. Maybe we'll have to swing over and see them too! Glad your RS Dinner went well! Sounds like it was a great evening!

Closed for Business said...

Those are some great pics of the kids. Cam looks so mature and Jack, well Jack has his usual "I am not too sure about that" face going on. Leon thought your cheesecake was the BEST he ever had. With each bite he would describe the flavor and texture like he was on Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and we all know Leon is a connosieure (sp?) of dessert.

I may have provided you with the items to make your table, but you put it all together and it looked beautiful. It was a pretty fun time wasn't it?

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness, Payson has not stopped talking about those chicks. "Mommy, I sure wish I could see those baby chicks again." "Mommy, why can't we have some baby chicks?" "Mommy, Branson (Amy's baby) is a little bit bigger than the baby chicks." That was the coolest thing that you brought them to the preschool, although I worried some of the chicks might have some permanent damage after being manhandled by a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds.

natallie said...

those chicks are getting big. cute pictures. glad you had a fun, girly night. we had pf's the other night and it was tasty. we ordered this crunchy honey chicken(i think it's called) lettuce wraps and beef with brocoli. it's making my mouth water right now! oh, and i saw penny there(she works there so look for her!)

Sarah said...

So Kendle sees these pictures and asks "Why can't I have a baby chick?", so way to go Nancie. Just kidding. They look so cute. Glad your dinner went well. Have fun tonight!

Jan said...

Love the pictures of your kids and chicks. Glad the RS dinner went well. I really want to lick that spoon. Blueberry. Yum. Have a great Easter with your family.

Brian Adair Fam said...

Oh, how I LOVE PF CHANGS!!! Who is the girl from girls camp? Have fun and think of my mouth watering over those lettuce wraps!! :0) Have a wonderful Easter!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Oh, how I LOVE PF CHANGS!!! Who is the girl from girls camp? Have fun and think of my mouth watering over those lettuce wraps!! :0) Have a wonderful Easter!!

Lisa Christine said...

baby chicks....how perfect for Easter. Have a happy one.

Benjamin said...

Nice that you named your chick Cheetah, I consider it a tribute to me...I'm sure it is. They're opening a PF Changs near us. We haven't had it for five years since leaving SLC. We are stoked.

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Love the chickens. We had chickens when I was in highschool and they are to much fun. I'm sure the boys will love them. The eggs are so much better to once they start laying. Just watch out for Roosters. 2 of our 4 turned out to be roosters the crowed every morning. EEEW.