Monday, March 24, 2008

Redneck Roots:

My cousin Lenny got married this weekend. We attended his rockin' party and had a super time. The theme was NASCAR and duct tape. I'll let the pictures explain...(I did NOT Photoshop these at all!)


The wedding and party were held at the Stanfield/OR Moose Lodge.
Dress was CASUAL.
My cousin's ex-wife's little brother Jerry.
The Groom. Notice the efforts to commandeer the mic.
Uncle Jay and my little sis Darcie (now you know where Cam's red hair comes from).
My cousin Daytona (We are SERIOUS about our NASCAR)
Jack was done with the whole loud DJ and light strobe. And Mitch was just getting started.
Bride and Groom. No satin and chiffon here.
Harley Davidson and Dale Earnhardt apparel perfect for cutting a rug.
Jack enjoyed cake. Especially the black food coloring.
Sunday Easter photo. Note to self: no more family pictures in front of the swing.
Easter on the farm: Gay's Alpaca Acres. This is Helen (as in Helen Keller- she is blind in one eye, and deaf).
Cam always grabs life (or Munchie) by the horns.
Dad doing a quick clean-up in the yard before the egg hunt.
This is how farmboys hunt easter eggs.

Jack and Junk.

The guys unloaded some Hay for Grandma Gay. I'm a poet... Our weekend was eventful to say the least. We enjoyed seeing family, and spending time together. We missed those who weren't here and hope to see you soon. I need to go nurse this hangover.
Later Y'all!

17 Comments:

Unknown said...

Nan, did you forget to post the picture with the chocolate on your face, or what was that?

dandee said...

I'm in awe. Complete and utter awe. I'd love to get me some of that weddin' kake.

Kris said...

I loved the title of this Post. Too funny! Nan, I wouldn't have believed that the wedding theme was Nascar & Duct Tape if you didn't post any pictures. Looks like it was a rockin' time.

Your Easter Pictures look great! I'm glad you had a fun time at your parents for the weekend. Your family picture is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! And Jack is getting so big. He's a cutie!

Jan said...

Nan-now the Hicktown title is all making sense. I LOVE IT ALL. That was fantastic fun. So low key and such no fuss no fail decorating.
The panda bear about busted me over and the picute of Jack looking like he is throwing up after such a festive weekend. The swing picture is cute. I didn't even notice until you mentioned the note to self. Your family looks like an absolute riot. Like they would run over squirrels on purpose.

hatch said...

I would not have believed it if I had not seen the pictures! That is great, and it looks like it was fun.

I am glad that you had an eventful weekend! I love the farm boy's easter basket!!

By the way thank-you for the present you brought over. I love it!

Sarah said...

W-O-W!!! Gotta love Nascar right? These were some great pictures. Darcie looks so cute with her braces off. Better lock her up before the boys get her.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Don't worry Sarah, she may not have an over-protective brother around to ward off any would-be punk-daters, but she's got a few over-protective brother-in-laws and a dad with Popeye arms, so she's all set.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm speechless about the wedding.
Easter on the farm looked like a blast! P.S. Why on earth was your cousin's ex-wife's little brother there?

natallie said...

now that's what i'm talking about. are you sure you weren't in clarkston? camden doesn't just have uncle jims hair, he has his whole head. awesome pictures. we had some "swing" easter pictures too!

Kris said...

Natallie, will stop torturing all of us, and just get a blog, so we can see your family pictures by the swing???? Come On!

::lindsay said...

This cracked me up! That is probably the most original wedding I've seen. How fun!

libbie said...

OH MY GOSH! You totally WIN! If you know what I mean! Us Reil's cannot even comptete with that! I love it. Oh, and I love your hair dark. It looks great.

Brian Adair Fam said...

That is hilarious!! Loved all of the pics from the wedding. NASCAR, all the way! :0) It was so fun seeing pics of your family! I haven't seen your parents and Darcie in forever!! Darcie's so grown up and gorgeous...hello!! I loved Mitch's comment about her over-protective b-in-laws!!

Closed for Business said...

We missed you guys so much this Easter. Thanks for sharing the pics. Priceless. You may call your family hicks, I just call them genuine. They don't put on, they are who they are, and that's alright in my book. My family would have fit right in with yours.

Closed for Business said...

We missed you guys so much this Easter. Thanks for sharing the pics. Priceless. You may call your family hicks, I just call them genuine. They don't put on, they are who they are, and that's alright in my book. My family would have fit right in with yours.

Lisa Christine said...

Loved all the photos! Thanks for sharing :)

ashley said...

Nan, I have relatives that live in Stanfield...It's a pretty happenin place. I had an uncle that got married at a hitchin post, not this one, but same idea! These pictures are great