Saturday, November 1, 2008

October in a hurry...




Wowzee this month went fast. We have been so busy and illness has ran its course here in our home, that I haven't been too diligent in my blogging (and commenting-right Sar?). So I'm going to try to catch up.



1. We are EXPECTING a third baby here in our household. Yup, I'm ANNOUNCING this to all four of my readers. Who probably already know or guessed, with my sickness and fattiness growing. We are excited and this baby should be here 'round May. Just in time for the end of school and all of the busy goings on in that month.



2. We attended our first School Carnival couple weeks ago. It was funny to remember those packed house, sweaty kids, long lines, spilled pop, cheap candy, cake walk parties. I think Cam and Jack both loved it.


3. Ward Trunk or Treat went good. Jack pretty much would get a piece of candy and want to sit down and eat it right there. He really didn't understand the concept of getting as much as you can then eat. He was a Jack rabbit, and Cam was a skeleton. Their costumes turned out cute if you ask me, but I was busy with activities committee that night and forgot the camera. Mitch's mom got some shots and I'll post em later when she sends em.

4. Halloween Party was a success. Thanks to all who came and partook. Mitch and I were saying that this year was a super creative year for costumes. Good job y'all. I'm going to post pictures of those who I think wouldn't mind the world to see. I hope I guess right. I have more pictures if you want to come over and look at em, or you just want a copy for your posterity, email me. Special THANK YOU to my wonderful MOM/DAD for the babysitting, DANYELLE for the awesome visual effects and treat table, and MARILYN for the super delish cupcakes/drinks (the bus drivers went crazy the next day). I really appreciated the help, what great family I have.




Also to those who came, Mitch and I love and appreciate all the good supportive friends we've made over the years. Who'll still come to your lame Halloween parties AND dress up.



THANK YOU!!!



side note: after everyone left (except for 2 couples who won't be named), the COPS showed up! They asked for my ID and if we had permission to be in the building. UH, YEAH I OWN THIS PLACE! and No sir there was no alcohol. Cranky Amtrak lady tattled on us.


Mitch and I are the Cast of Hairspray. Our wigs were cheap and didn't really turn out the way we wanted. Even tho mom teased the heck out of em.

William Wallace and His wife (who was beheaded soon after) made an entrance. Sorry Marilyn, the only shot I have and you are singing my praises.








Trevinos always show up with an awesome idea. They were so cute this year. Sorry no utube video this time Johnny.

Some campaigning left to do...

Always need some superheros Tink, you're so cute even the Don thinks so.



Another set of the McCain /Palin team. And hold everything, who let the gorilla in? Couple of fairies.


Charades anyone?


Sorry girls I must've been standing tooooooo close, either that or Sara really is a zombie.




Lewis' always famous for their outfits. Good idea guys.

17 Comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Nan - you guys are always the best hosts! I'm sure those cops were completely puzzled by the fact that us adults were dressed up so crazy without a drop of booze in sight. Nan -"Ya, we own the place". Ha, it was the best line ever!

Thanks for giving us a reason to dress up all crazy like!

Kris said...

Looks like it was a great party. I'm bummed we had to miss out. These costumes are so awesome. Glad you had a busy and fun October. Oh and Congrats on expecting. Isn't it fun being so sick and miserable? Glad you joined me, so I don't have to do this alone! :)

libbie said...

I wish I were there when the cops showed up! Thats awesome! Thanks for the fun party and the THREE cupcakes I ate. I hope you are all feeling better.

PRP said...

Congrats on the new baby!

And the party looks like a ton of fun! I'm so impressed with everyone's costumes. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with next year!

Jan said...

Happy news for you guys. Congrats. The party looks great. I hope Mitches legs don't drive him nuts as the hair grows back.

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! I read your blog, but very rarely comment. I'm so excited for your news. And I've been waiting to see pictures of your costumes this year--you guys are always so creative! I agree--there were a lot of creative costumes at the party. Thanks for sharing!

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! I read your blog, but very rarely comment. I'm so excited for your news. And I've been waiting to see pictures of your costumes this year--you guys are always so creative! I agree--there were a lot of creative costumes at the party. Thanks for sharing!

::lindsay said...

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm very excited for you!

It looks like you had fun at your Halloween party. I enjoyed looking at all your costumes. Everyone did a great job!

natallie said...

that one picture of sarah looks like the zombie queen finally had her happy ending and was at last able to go towards the light.(maybe it had to do with some encouragement from the other sarah! :) i wish we would've stuck around to see the coppers ascend on the hound...see nan, other people stick their foot in their mouth too! :)

Julie said...

We had a blast! Next years costumes will be even better! Thanks for the good times~!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Nan, congrats on the baby news!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You'll have to let me know how it is having 3 kiddos in the house!! :0) Your Halloween party looked like it was a lot of fun! Very creative people, that's all I have to say! :0)

natallie said...

ahh, look at your cute profile picture nan! i know you purposely did the stripes for me :) do you think you'll have trouble finding stripes in maternitywear? :)

The Donald said...

A new baby!!!! Congrats!!!!

The Donald said...

That was Lisa...not Donald...apparently I did not sign in on my account...

Marilyn said...

The party was great. That picture of me, however...not so much...thanks Nan.

The Yancey Family said...

I have been a blogging slacker lately too! You are such a busy girl, I don't know how you do it! We were really sad that we couldn't make it to the party, but next year we are totally going to win!

StaceyOstler said...

Looks like a blast! Everyones costumes are awesome. Sorry we couldn't make it this year. I hope we can still score an invite to another one of your big bashes in the future.