Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me.

I'm out shopping (not so much shopping but watching people fight over stuff) and loving it. It's also my 29th birthday. Pretty crazy that its gone so fast.
I'm feeling a little conceited so I'm going to try something different maybe a little annoying.
Since it is MY birthday and this is MY blog I think I'm gonna brag a little about MYself. Feel free to skip to your next blog on your browser, won't hurt my feelings.

1. I was Seminary President my senior year in high school.
2. I have epidurals and easy labors with all my kids (so far).
3. I won the Laurel Athlete Award/Scholarship my senior year (only given to one girl and one boy every year).
4. I was a pretty dang good vet tech in my day.
5. I trained a 3 year old "green broke" horse when I was in the 6th grade. Not only a "horse" an Arabian if that means anything to anyone else.
6. I like my handwriting. It's pretty much the same as my moms, and all my sisters.
7. My body has always been pretty healthy... and "sturdy".
8. I dated the funniest guy on the planet and got him so whipped he asked me to marry him.
9. I like my decor style, which is anything hillbilly, beat up, practical, and worn.
10. I was an unbeliever in the Hill Cumorah Pageant. A once in a lifetime experience.
11. I was a pretty good setter, backstroker, and hurdler in my day.
12. I like that I drive a paid off vehicle.
13. I like that I can stand gross stuff: bloody gushing pus infested maggot wounds on animals or people and it just makes me want to clean it out more.
14. I can drive a 2300 Case International Self-leveling Wheat Combine just as good as Judd or his cousin Jake Bacon (real names-no joke) from Ione, OR.
15. I can beat anyone at the milk judging contest in FFA.
16. I'm the best woman driver of all time....(right mom?)
17. I can roller skate backward, and forward, anyone up to a race?
18. I'm a darn good VB coach. Maybe a little on the "passionate" side, not so much empathy for high school girls, but I'm good.
19. I can sing all the words to Alabama's Roll On.
20. I can do sign language and interpret pretty proficiently but there's always room for improvement right Jen?
21. I'm a pretty darn good yardsaler, or bargainer.
22. I'm kind of an animal whisperer. I come by it honestly too.
23. I got the principal's award in sixth grade and got to attend Camp Reed for free ($269 dollar value- that was a LOT back then).
24. I'm a leader, and a hard worker.
25. I'm a great organizer. Mitch says I throw away too much though. But I can organize mass amounts of people trying to get on a bus for the holidays- and no one is left behind!
26. I like that I'm pretty good at speaking to youth (maybe I never graduated to adult myself?).
27. I know what good running form looks like. It's the basis to every athlete.
28. I love my shoulders. Ha Ha.
29. I like my testimony. I know where I came from and what life means. And I'm thankful to Heavenly Father who lets me have these talents everyday.

Happy Black Friday!

11 Comments:

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Somehow, I'm pretty sure if I would have attempted something like this, it would have come off extremely arrogant and self-absorbed. But with you baby, not so much. And I agree with every one of them. I'm a very lucky guy. Happy Birthday Nancie Fancy Pants!

natallie said...

happy birthday nan! you are one in a mill! i'm glad your special day fell on such a fun one this year...after all you are a bargain girl :) party all weekend nan!

The Yancey Family said...

Happy Birthday Friend! I love all the things about you! No wonder you're my BFF!

Sarah said...

Nan-
You should have listed all of your nicknames too! This was a great list, you are so humble. HA! You are all those things and then some. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

StaceyOstler said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you bought yourself something awesome today, on this busiest shopping day of the year.

I loved the list. I remember as a YW having to make lists like these and just sitting there staring at my blank piece of paper. Sad thing is I don't know if I would do much better at filling it out now. Something to work on I guess.

I think it's awesome that you have so many talents and that you love yourself. I sure think you're one fabulous lady and hope that you're having a great birthday!

Lisa Christine said...

Happy Birthday! Great list. Isn't it good to let ourselves shine every once in a while?

Have a great day with those sexy shoulders of yours!

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Nan! You are amazing and I loved reading all of the great stuff about you. I hope you had a great day!

Julie said...

That was fun to learn more about you! I hope you have an awesome birthday!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Nan! I hope whatever Mitch has planned for you isn't really a present for himself in disguise! I worked with him for 2 months, I have learned some things about the way his mind works....Hope you had a great day, sounds like you have had some pretty great experiences already.

Marilyn said...

Nan, you are so diversified. Seriously. Oh, and I love your handwriting too.

Unknown said...

You are beautiful inside and out. You reallly do know how to relate to the young Women.

I am so glad to read all those wonderful things about you and I am not surprised!

Happy Birthday!!