Monday, November 24, 2008

HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY MY SWEET LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE!!! 4 REAL!

Today is our anniversary, so I decided to surprise Nan with a short little post and a list. We got married in the Portland temple 8 years ago today. So here's a list of 8 things I love about my wife:

8. I love how when I hug you, you tuck your arms in my chest and lay your head sideways below mine. It's kinda like how a warm blanket just kind of drapes around you so perfectly.

7. I love how the house is always clean, and even when I look at it and think, "Wow, good job Mitch. Sucker looks sterile," it's still not good enough for you. But you never say anything, you just make it a little cleaner and a little better.

6. I love how when I come up behind you and put my arms around you, you tilt your head to the side so you can listen to me whisper something in your ear. I also love how you can actually hear what people whisper in your ear. Must be nice.

5. I love how when I get frustrated when Camden and Jack don't listen to me, you calmly say, "Mitch, just say it with love." I immediately think, "Oh yeah, it got you to marry me, I'm sure it will work with the boys too."

4. I love how you listen intently to your dad's stories and the way your upper lip curls up onto your gums because you are smiling so big. I love how you always wanna please him and make him happy and that the love that you have for your dad is symbolic of the love that you have for your Heavenly Father.

3. I love how you always let me do the things I want to do and never make me feel guilty for having hobbies and interests that don't include you. It only makes me want to stay home from golf and be with you. Sorry Riley.

2. I love how your shoulders look. They are incredibly sexy.

1. I love how you have turned out to be way more of a perfect wife than I ever hoped or dreamed any guy could be so lucky to have. If somebody had told me 8 years ago that I would be married to the HOTTEST blonde in Eastern Oregon, I probably would have said, "But does she have a nice rack?!" Well... no comment.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NAN!!! I LOVE YOU!

Turning 29 in 4 days and still looking finer than 10 pt font!

12 Comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Now this is the sweetest thing ever.

Happy anniversary you two!

Sarah said...

It's just a shame Mitch that you never got to watch Nancie play volleyball in her little short shorts back in our high school days. HA! Happy Anniversary guys, you make a smashing pair. Your like peanut butter and jelly, and what I really admire is how much fun you guys have together and how much fun you are to be around. I hope you guys can do something special for your special day.

Kris said...

This was a really sweet post Mitch. I agree with everything that Sarah said. You two are perfect for each other and we love hanging out with you guys. I hope you have a great anniversary. I think you both scored big time! :)

natallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natallie said...

happy anniversary you newly weds :) that was sweet and yet made me feel a little dirty at the same time. if i were you nan, i'd blow up #3 and stick it to the fridge. you need to put up a do not disturb sign...and then tell camden what that means :)

Marilyn said...

Mitch, you know...your sister reads this, and that rack comment was not necessary...but I'll forgive you because this was the sweetest post ever!

Happy Anniversary Mitch and Nan!

Jill Baird said...

Dang Nan, He's a keeper!!

ashley said...

Wow Mitch, very impressive and romantic! Happy Anniversary you too!

ashley said...

And thats "two", not "too", I can't speall...I mean spell

The Donald said...

Marilyn, she is from Eastern Oregon. He was obviously talking about her gun rack.

Mitch, I can see why you posted this on Nan's blog. Don't get me wrong, it is a great post, and I see some of the same points here that I think about Lisa, but this wouldn't have flown on your manly man blog. It is much better on this one.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Hear hear Donald. I did it for you really. I wouldn't want to disrupt the "manly man blog continuum."

Julie said...

Too cute! Mitch...I didn't know you were such a softy. Can you teach my husband a thing or two? Please I am begging you!!!