Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Golden Birthday.

Birthday "Week" was FANTASTIC!
I am so lucky to have such good friends, family, and a husband who pampered me all week long. Thank you to all.

I'll explain my fun filled week using the wonderful world of digital imagery.



Mitch took me to Seattle for 2 days, We ate at the Icon Grill. It was a nice restaurant, and had really fancy food. This is us in front of the fountain inside the eatery.



Mitch had the Famous Molasses Covered Meatloaf, I had the red potato encrusted hallibut. Pretty yummy!



Gotta have a cherry coke too.






Mitch also got me tickets to the Sonics game that night. We walked from our hotel room to dinner, then to the Key Arena, then back. Everything was close and in downtown so we wouldn't have to pay for parking. He is so SMART. But too bad it rained all day and night.






This was a fun date- if you ever are looking for things to do in Seattle hook yourself up with Sonics tickets, even the nosebleed seats were awesome.








Mitch begged me to take a picture of him and the Sonics dancers, he was throwing such a fit, I caved. They felt sorry for him and agreed. Lucky Mitchie.

The next day I got to go shopping at IKEA, and the North Bend Outlet stores. I spent way too much time and money in both of those places.


When I got home, I found this on my front door. Girls who will remain nameless are going to pay for this later, I think one of their birthday's is coming up soon. You know what they say "Paybacks are a..."
Lucky me.

The next day those same silly girls who "decorated" my front door, took me out for a ladies night the following evening. We had a blast shopping at a christmas bazaar, and eating everything in Olive Garden. LOVED IT.


Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your friendship and love. I haven't been the bestest friend lately and I'm humbled by all the kindness shown to me of late.
Thank You.

I think 28 is going to be great.

16 Comments:

natallie said...

my dear nastay nan, i'm glad you're a sonics fan, you deserved a great day, your grandma is gay, would you take 20 bucks for that fan? girl, i hope we're in the same ward after tommorrow, but if not, it was nice knowing ya! you're awesome nan! AWESOME!!

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Thanks to Nan's nameless friends who treated her like solid gold. Speaking of solid gold dancers, Nan is the sexiest Sonic dancer there is! Glad you had a good birthday. Not so happy you spent all my money though. Oh well, there's always Christmas.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

ps Take note of guy in the background of the picture of us in our nosebleed seats. Ten bucks to anyone who can make out a glass of beer in that guy's hand. I sure can't find it.

Sarah said...

Glad you had a great birthday Nan. I'm so glad you got that mirror too, I know you will do something cute with it. I think ladies night should start being a mandatory thing. It was a ton of fun. I'm happy that Mitch took you away for a day to have some free time and relax.

PRP said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had such a fun week. Sounds like you were spoiled rotten which is exactly how it should be!

Kris said...

Nan, I'm glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it! You are awesome, you are the nicest gal I know. I had so much fun the other night, and I'm really going to miss seeing you every Sunday!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Wow, most people just get to celebrate their birthday for one day...not for a week. Lucky you!!!! I'm so glad you had a great birthday!! Isn't Seattle awesome? I went there for the first time this last summer and LOVED it! I laugh every time I see the pic of Mitch and the Sonics dancers. Very funny!! :0)

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

What? Did I smile too big? Is there something in my teeth?

Marilyn said...

Glad you had a great time in Seattle. That food looks amazing, we will have to try that out next time we are in Sea-town.

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, Nancie! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday week and that Seattle was a blast. I love me some birthday week! I finally moved in my house and am bummed that we aren't even going to be in the same ward.

The Garden Maiden said...

Birthday week? Now there is a concept for yuh! That food looks so dang good. No mention of dessert? It takes 3 Sonic dancers to make a Mitch (And I thought it was YOUR birthday, not Mitch's?)

And Nan you are seriously photogenic! I am glad you had a great week, trip and so forth. YOU DESERVE IT!

The Garden Maiden said...

Mitch, it is a pretend beer. Isn't that one of the steps in the 12 step program, get used to drinking pretend alcohol?

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday, Nan, but I have to wonder why Meeyatch begged to have his picture taken with the "dancers" (that's code for strippers). I'm a little worried now.

Alicia Leppert said...

Mitch, you don't see the beer glass with the flashing neon lights on it? Weird. I guess now your sight is going too....

libbie said...

I can't believe you are only 28
I can't believe you took pictures of your food!
I can't believe Mitch wanted pictures with those girls . . . . you are so much hotter!
I can't believe you didn't even tell me you were going to Seattle for your birthday. You just made it seem like you were going for fun! Now I feel like a jerk! Happy Birthday my YOUNG friend! I am glad you had agood time! We need to hook up soon, maybe when Bekie and Brett come in town . . . actually, there is no maybe about it. We NEED to do something! They are coming on the 19th.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

see you then.