Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reunion


Here are some pictures from the reunion I promised. It was a great weekend jam-packed with fun activities and never a dull moment. Now we need a vacation to recover from it.


Cousin Michelle, Nick, and Heather (team Pink) posing before the Amazing Race.



This is the desk I refinished for the auction. I had to decoupage some material onto the top and inside the drawers because of the rough shape it was in. Marilyn is now the proud owner.



These are some of the Mathews Brothers cooking some grubbin breakfast; Dwayne, Loren, Leon, and Richard. Great Job you guys!


Jack survived the weekend, he especially enjoyed the 5k fun run/walk. He loves having his Grami-tami around to constantly hold him.

Alicia liked the breakfast but not me taking her picture. You're welcome Leesh.

Many thanks to those who put on craft classes, activities, and meals. It was enjoyed by all!

9 Comments:

Marilyn said...

Great pics Nan.

The desk looks great in Lily's room. Thanks for doing such a great job with that!

natallie said...

nan, that desk is so cute...i love the size of it. where did you find that and how much did you pick it up for? thanks for sharing about the reunion

natallie said...

ps. that is a sweet picture of grami-t and jack mack and one that i have personally witnessed on more than one occasion. i also like the picture of jack with the water bottle... i imagine he's thinking something like this, "you know mom, it would be alot easier if you put down the camera and took the lid off this thing for me!"

Sarah said...

Good pictures. It sounds like you guys had an action packed weekend. The amazing race thing sounded like fun and I'm jealous of all of the cool things you guys made and got to bid on at your auction. My mother-in-law is getting rid of a whole bunch of stuff and maybe you can help me redo some of it.

Kris said...

I love the picture of Alicia. How fun! The desk looks amazing! Gosh all you Mathews' Girls have so much talent! Jack Jack, is so cute and I just love how much Grami-Tami loves to hold him! What a neat family you have! Great pictures!

The Garden Maiden said...

Nan you could have photoshopped the double chin out before you posted it. Can a child's eyes look more blue in a picture than Jack's. I will take any chance to hold Jack I can because I think those days are just about over. He is starting to get too independent, unless I sing to him then he melts like butta!

hatch said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I love the desk you re finished. What did you get at the auction?

Alicia Leppert said...

Here I am, happily scrolling down, loving the pictures and getting ready to comment on how awesome your desk was, yada yada yada when Ka-BAM! I get slapped in the face by the last picture. I kid you not...all my chins dropped open. Nan, you have single-handedly given me all the motivation I need to never eat again. Oh, did I mention I'm never speaking to you again?

Nancie said...

I think its a great picture. You look so cute in your outfit and glasses. I know you have nothing to worry about. Besides, Ive been fasting for a week now trying to lose my chins too.