Sunday, November 14, 2010

good weekend

My Mom/Dad/Darcie came to Cheney for a couple days. It was good to hang out, and I even enjoyed entertaining here in our "cozy" trailer house. We ate good food and shopped all day Thursday. So thankful for mom and dad coming and seeing me here at my home, and all the help they were with my kids. Its so nice to get a break.
Then they left Friday morning and Leon and Tami came up here on Saturday morn and stayed till Sunday evening. We toured the Spokane area looking at homes in N. Spokane, and eating out. It was super fun driving around and enjoying family. The boys had their primary program and they did so good. They had memorized their parts to say, but when they got up to the podium they noticed the paper there and read it off the script...darn paper! Jack was so cute he sang and mostly wanted to stand in front of everyone and smile. Thanks to my In-laws for surviving church with us and having a trailer house Sunday dining experience.
I am a home-girl and miss family when I don't see them for a while. However, this trailer feels like home now and (plug your ears mom,) I do kinda like Cheney now. The weather is a different story though, its freezing here and we actually got an inch of snow the other day. I gotta buy some boots for my boys fast! I'm glad the holidays are coming up and I'll get to spend time with my sisters and other family.

6 Comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you had a great family weekend. Nothing's better when you are feeling a little homesick. Glad you are starting to feel more at home there. :)

Kris said...

Nan, you are awesome. Feeling at home is a great accomplishment. I'm so impressed. How fun to have a visit from the grandparents. So glad that life is treating you good! Sorry about the cold. The good thing about down here, is that the weather is pretty mild, if you don't get soaked!

Kris said...

Love these updates! Miss you!

Katie said...

Nan,
I miss you. and I'm sad I'mnot one of the sisters who will be home for the holidays.
When can you come down here? My treat.

The Garden Maiden said...

I love your little bungalow of a home Nan. It is very cozy. I happen to prefer small homes to large ones. Less to clean and everyone is together and not having to shout "where are you". I love you and your little brood of boys. I love your ward. You've got a great one. Thanks for carrying us all over tim-buk-too Saturday. I think going into those homes made me appreciate home a little more than I usually do. Not such great karma in those homes. Sad. Your home is full of life. Does everyone know what a super great FAST cook you are? I have never ever ever seen anyone prepare such a scrumscious meal in such a short amount of time. Thanks for the fresh loaf of bread too! Yummmmmm.

almond nuthouse said...

Good to hear you are liking the area. That always helps when you have to be away from family. Miss you!