Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last night I went to the EWU volleyball game. I got in free (because I am officially a student here now. yay for me). I got a piece of free pizza for coming to the game (poor attendance), and found a spot to sit. I remember my dad taking me to boys bb games when I was young and sitting with my friends as far up in the stadium seating as we could go. It brought back some good memories. Later the arena got more and more packed and I realized I was sitting in the "student" section. I didn't mean to do that and I felt MEGA SUPER old. I was almost embarrassed that I was lone-ing it trying to fit in. I moved to a different seat and enjoyed watching the girls play. During "half-time", they had students come down to the court and serve. Whatever prize they hit on the other side they got to keep. I was in. I love free stuff.
So I stepped up to the line...and missed my serve. I know, kill me now huh?
My second serve was like old times and I actually hit a pizza box and won a coupon for a free pizza (too bad it's really gross pizza).
I felt cool.
Mitch stayed home with the boys and let me have a night off.
It was a super time-out for mom.

6 Comments:

natallie said...

kill me know...thanks for making me laugh twice today nan! :)

PRP said...

Major props for going to something like that alone. I would NEVER. You are much braver than me!

Sarah said...

Do you know I still have nightmares about being back in high school and missing my serves in volleball games? Those are some major stress dreams right there. I miss going to watch volleyball with you. You were brave to get out there and try and win a prize!

hatch said...

I love it! Good for you. To bad the pizza is gross.... Have you ran into my old boyfriend on campus??

Kris said...

Nan, you are my hero. I can just see you hitting the pizza box. You are so cool! Glad you got a night out on the town! Happy times for you! I love these posts. Keep them up!

Anonymous said...

ida gone with you nan!
go Eastern eaaaaagles!!

luv dad