Monday, April 27, 2009

NO baby yet...

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me complain....oh wait this is MY BLOG huh? Guess I can do what I want.
Dr put me on the books for Friday May 8th inducement if this baby doesn't want to come before then. And believe me he will. If I have to run a marathon to get him to come. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable at night and during the day. That reminds me, I need to pack a bag with some stuff I'll need at the hospital, and buy a bottle of Castor oil.
Last weekend Mitch planted some landscaping that has been sitting in our driveway for a couple of weeks. He also fixed some broken sprinklers and the yard is shaping up for spring. He mentioned that he likes watching a plant go from small to large in coming years. I wish it was full grown when we plant it that way everything is just DONE. But that's my impatient-ness coming through.
Cam is excited for school to end so he can just swim all day long. This last weekend the "bike-riding" thing finally clicked and he is riding like crazy! He has a few skinned knees and face to prove it.
Jack is fighting a cold with me and hopefully we are kicking this crud.
Planned for Today: A trip to Spokane to do some 2nd hand store shopping at some of the Alleman's favorite shops!
Have a good week.

PS- A special SHOUT OUT to my GAL Sarah. She had a Birthday yesterday! Hopefully Riley got her more than a cell phone charger this year.

7 Comments:

Sarah said...

You know what's hilarious Nan, I acutally lost my cell phone charger and wanted a new one this year. HA! The irony is killing me.

Hope you have fun shopping today - that sounds like a good way to spend your last little bit of time before that babe gets here. I'm so excited for you that you got an induction date set. At least you won't have to go past that date, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the baby comes sooner. :)

natallie said...

almost 38 weeks!!! glad you are having some fun. isn't it funny how much we love having projects done around the house...does that mean we are getting old?

Jill Baird said...

Nan, castor oil is a no-go. It doesnt' help. I tried it at least once with each of my kids. I did it because I was really desperate. I wish someone with a sound mind would have told me not to do it(besides my husband. he doesn't count though cause he's never been prego):) That stuff is guaranteed to give you cramps--but maybe not the type you're looking for. (wait...were you kidding about the castor oil? wow. Too much information.

Katie said...

I soo wish I was going to Spokane with you guys. Buy something for me, huh?

Casteroil ruined how I feel about jamba juice. I mixed the two. So- if you're gonna do it, don't mix it with something you like- you'll hate it afterwards.

Plus, it didn't work for me anyway. My babies are too fat. Yours though just might slip right out...

Been thinking about you. Hang in there. Pregnancy sucks. But babies are cool.

Kris said...

Your shopping trip sounds so fun. I bet you are having a great time. Hopefully you'll find exactly what you are looking for.

Oh the last weeks of being miserable. Hang in there and I hope that baby decides to come this weekend. After Friday morning though. You gotta stick it out with us til after we pamper you! :)

Oh and Katie's comment is so awesome. Pregnancy Sucks. "But Babies are cool." So true.

Julie said...

I hope that baby comes soon too! I am jealous that you are almost done! Wait a minute I think I said that last time we were both prego! Humm... a trend maybe?

The Yancey Family said...

Castor Oil!? Yuck! But, apparently it works, so Good Luck! We are in the process of moving, so soon we'll be permanent K-town residents! Yeah!!! Let me know if you need anything when that baby comes!!