Monday, June 9, 2008

Anti Ques

I had a super fun weekend. Saturday Mom, Sandy, and I road tripped to Spokane to visit the Farm Chicks Antique show. It was packed! So many women there searching for the right stuff to grace their home. We were victorious-I got an old firewood box, that is so unique. Its going in my family room to hold all the random blankets in my home. I love it. Also got an old goose decoy for the wall, and a 70's trash can (for a planter).
We also stopped at 2 second hand building supply stores. We were like kids in candy stores. Any thing you can imagine- it was there! Old door hinges, door knobs, toilets, iron railing, windows....
I picked up two windows, and found my hutch for my dining room.

It was super fun and rewarding. Thanks mom, and sandy for the trip. Had a blast.
(sorry no picts, i didn't want to hinder my findings lugging a huge camera around.

-Nan

13 Comments:

Jan said...

I so wanted to go to that. It sounded like so much fun. Glad you found some goodies and had a blast with everyone. Way to shop..
Bye Farm Chickie..

Kris said...

What a fun trip. Glad you got some awesome deals. You could take pictures of what you bought that is in your home. hint hint! :)

Sarah said...

Reading about some of the things you bought makes me laugh, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make them look great! Sounds like a fun girls day.

natallie said...

i'm with kris, clickety-click!(and postety-post:)

natallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hatch said...

Now I am really bummed that I could not go! It sounds like you found some cool stuff.

Jan said...

Nancie, go to blissfulb.blogspot.com today. She posted some great shots from her trip to Spokane this weekend.

Bye bye.

Katie said...

Nan-
Awesome finds! You have a sweet talent for helping old things reach their full potential. Glad you had fun.

Alicia Leppert said...

Sounds like fun, at least for a hick like you! It was so good to see you Friday night at the graduation. I feel like I haven't seen you in a year.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Tell 'em about how you backed into a truck and just took off without leaving a note or trying to find the owner.

libbie said...

what??? a hit and run. you are such an outlaw. Can't wait to hear that story, and can't wait to see all your treasures!

Amy J. said...

I know exactly how you feel about the "candy story" Why do we feel so pationate and excited about left overs? Too funny!

Amy said...

Ah, this post was so hard for me to read! I was so disappointed when their show ended up being the same weekend as our trip to the coast. You really should post some pics of all your treasures.