Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Book Review


I'm always a little behind the times (look where i grew up), but I just got done reading the twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. These three books were a nice easy read for me. I got so involved that I would even read while i was driving to Hermiston everyday for volleyball. I must confess, that it was a little teeney-bopperish, and even me, a literary genius, thought the author used a few too many adjectives, and described things over and over. But that's just me. I don't usually read fantasy genre, but the love story was ohhhh sooo romantic (be quiet Bekie). Anyway, go get these books, they're great.
PS- Faith Hill's new album comes out today. I would love to purchase it, but I guess i can listen to it all day on my computer for free. She is such a talented artist, oh yeah, and drop dead gorgeous!
PPS- We have a home game tonight against my high school rivals, the Pendleton BUCKAROOS, I mean what the heck kind of mascot is a buckaroo? Beat the bucks!

12 Comments:

Sarah said...

I thought you said it was in Pendleton tonight, drats. I've only read the first Twilight book so far and it was kind of teeny-boperish. Like you said, easy read though and I like a book series so I'm going to keep reading and see what happens.

Sarah said...

By the way, how were you reading and driving at the same time? Now that's multi-tasking.

Alicia Leppert said...

I wondered the same thing. I was all ready to read the Twilight series, I've heard such rave reviews about it, but now I'm not sure. I'm not down with Teenybopperish. However, I'm a sucker for a good love story. Hmm.

Kris said...

That is so awesome that you are reading this series. I loved them. Yeah, there are some annoying things that the author writes about, but I was hooked throughout the series! Happy Reading!

Kris said...

Oh yeah, you've gotta explain the reading and driving thing! Interesting!!!!

natallie said...

good luck tonite...yee-hah buckeroos!

Nancie said...

sar- i think i did tell you it was in Pendleton...sorry. you wouldn't have wanted to be there. we got spanked in 3 games. We looked SORRY!!

Marilyn said...

Nan, thanks for the review. I am pretty sure now from the various reviews I've read that I would not enjoy these books. They sound way too "young adult" and cheesy romantic for my taste.

tharker said...

I'm all about the cheese in Twilight. In fact I'll take some crackers with that cheese! Loved them!

Sarah said...

I did enjoy a bit of the cheese too. Because when you're in high school, or have your first love, it's really cheesy isn't it? Or is that just my experience?

The Yancey Family said...

Hi Friend! You know why I love those romantic scenes! Even if you are behind the times, you are still ahead of me. I just finished the first one last night! I do have to agree with your review though, kind of teeney bopperish and she seemed to use the same adjectives over and over again. I've got to get going on the next two! Love, Bekie

::lindsay said...

I've read the Twilight series and I liked them as well. I think people need to have realistic expectations going into reading them though. Last year I had a few people recommend the books to me saying that they were "the best books ever." Well, I can't get on board with that, but I was thoroughly entertained reading them.