Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm It.

So, I've been tagged. This would never happen if we were actually running around in circles, reaching for the shoulder of the girl nearby. I'd like to think of me as fast. But after two babies and life, maybe I'm a bit slower than I was when I was younger.


What Was I doing 10 years ago:
I was finishing up track districts, getting ready for my senior year of high school, and a summer of dry, hot, season of pea and wheat harvest. Yeah, I drove the Sweetest 2300 Case International $230,000 combine- Red.

What Was I doing 1 year ago:
Starting the addition on our house. Uh...still isn't finished.

Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Carmel Popcorn
2. Banana Split
3. Diet Coke (from a can)
4. McChicken Sandwich
5. Chips

Five Songs I know all the Words to:
1. Whole Dirty Dancing CD (I wasn't supposed to be listening to this as a child, but little rebelious at times)
2. "Roll On" Alabama
3. "Desperado" George Strait
4. "Fancy" Reba McIntire
5. "Shoop" Salt n Peppa

Five things I would do If I was a millionaire:
1. Pay off Bills
2. Buy a HUGE ranch and break horses all the live long day.
3. throw money around, while sitting in a box seat at the Kentucky Derby sporting a huge hat, watching the horsies run.
4. finish my bathroom
5. Co-Sponsor with Gatorade the AVP Womens Beach Volleyball Championships.

Five of My Bad Habits:
1. Clipping my feet ecxima at night, on the couch.
2. Yelling at Cam way too much
3. Forgetting necessary undergarments (like a bra) to do a session at the temple.
4. Publicly Sticking my foot in my mouth
5. Watching too much TV

Five things I will never wear again:
1. Hypercolor Teeshirt (someone bring this back)
2. buttons (a whole post in itself)
3. Thick Sports socks pulled up as high as i can get them.
4. Earrings- never did
5. Volleyball spandex

Five of my favorite toys:
1. TV clicker
2. Fingernail clippers
3. My Tahoe (any one wanna buy mine?)
4. XM radio
5. My electric sander (for furniture- not my feet)

12 Comments:

ckcclan said...

Nan!! It is so great to reconnect! Blogging is so great! I saw your comment on mine and have been meaning to email you, but life gets busy sometimes and I completely forgot.

Post some pics of you fam. I would love to see your boys.

By the way, I love the bull.

natallie said...

Barg(sp?),you forgot one of your very worst bad habits...going into someone's home and praying about their death. little bit of a downer if i do say so myself! glad to see ya post girl.

Alicia Leppert said...

Okay, to post requests: 1) why you go around without a bra on and 2) why you don't wear buttons. And I WANT YOUR TAHOE!!! I'd give my left lugnut for it.

Kris said...

I'm excited that you are blogging now. It will be fun to hear what you have to say. I love the stretch volleyball shorts that you would never wear. I'm right there with ya on that one!! I agree with Alicia, I want to know the background about no bra and buttons. You've got me interested now!

dandee said...

First of all, Nan, I love you. You are a genuine person and I love that. Second, I love that you call the remote a "clicker". Growing up I called it a "clicker" as well, but somehow Ryan converted me to "remote" after we were married. Love the list!

Marilyn said...

Nancie, I cannot tell you how much fun it is for me to read your posts. I have no idea why you think you have nothing worthwhile to say. YOU'RE HILARIOUS!

I loved this entire list, but my favorite favorite parts are...

1. that you are a cowgirl at heart. It's so awesome!
2. your millionaire list is so stinkin' funny.
3. I have never seen you stick your foot in your mouth, but you always say that you do it all the time. I think you should give yourself a break!
4. I CAN NOT wait for you to do a post about buttons! Will you need a barf bag near in order to write that post??? Just curious.


Love ya Nan, you're the best!

Ruby Cottage Wedding Garden said...

It is a clicker! Everyone knows that.

Did Natalie call you Barg? Does she have membership rights to the Barg club?

It sounds like the death prayer is worthy of a whole post.

I wish I had a million to give you because you win the contest for best list on how to spend a mil.

You write the same way you talk and I could hear your voice all the way through.

May I just say you are a pure gem Nan. A GENUINE pure gem, just like Dandee said.

Sarah said...

Nan- I love how you know all of the words to Shoop, that totally brings back some high schooll memories for me. And you don't stick your foot in your mouth too much, only when you tell people their husbands look foreign! Although I kind of got you on that one.

Alicia Leppert said...

Okay, I just re-read my comment and didn't understand it myself. I meant to say TWO post requests.

People tell me my husband looks foreign all the time, usually "Mexican".

Isn't Barg Mitch's nickname?

And my first thought was, "clicker? who calls it a clicker? It's remote."

Heather said...

I LOVE hearing them Mathew's family conversations....

I can't wait for more posts, especially about foreign husbands and no bras!

hatch said...

I have not heard your bra story yet. That sounds like good walking conversation. I loved your list. You are so funny!

Kris said...

There are a lot of stories I want to hear from you Nan. One, why you call Mitch Barg. Two, the story about buttons, three, the story about you not wearing a bra to the temple, and four, why you think people's husbands are foreign. You've got some good stories in you and I can't wait to hear from you! It was nice having Mitch here tonight. Less time I have to talk to Jack about "cars!" So thanks!buddy05