Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year


Yup its that time again. The bain of my existence, the thing that makes me want to punch myself in the neck, drum roll please....

TAXES

Man, most people are excited to start a new year and make great resolutions- lose weight, be more organized, more patience. I could use all of these qualities to keep sane during this horrid time of year. Sorting through stacks of files for each month and receipts, oh the receipts! Every year I vow to keep up on it. Every year I fail.

But this year is different. Without Greyhound and UPS it should be easier right? This coming year will prove to be a NEW challenge learning what is a write off while you have a husband in college. So pray for me and call every once in a while to see if my kids are fed and I'm not dead underneath my fallen filing cabinet.


Happy New Tax Year.

6 Comments:

Katie said...

Nan,
I sure wish you were here with mom, dad and darcie. I miss you. We're going to get pedicures today and I'll be thinking of you the whole time.

Sorry i haven't done much for your blog..except mess it up.

Hope things are good
Love ya
Katie

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Good luck with the taxes and keeping all of the paperwork straight. If anyone can do it you can!

natallie said...

you're in my prayers nan :) i don't make ny's resolutions but i can think of one for you...to always remember what a unique, tough, fun, honest, hardworking, productive, loyal and dear girl you are :)

Jen said...

I feel for you! Taxes are killer for us too! That darn work ethics that mom and dad drilled into me is really messing up my self-employment taxes! I'm behind a couple years or more AND I'm updated with my receipts (they're ALL scanned). No worries.

Jackie said...

Glad to see a change in your blog. Be sure and listen to your friends...they speak the truth.